There is a special VAT refund procedure available for private individuals who construct or commission the construction of a new home or the conversion of a non residential building to create a new home for their private occupation. This allows a development to be completed largely free of the burden of VAT.
We are experienced in the planning, preparation, submission and negotiation of these claims with HM Revenue & Customs. In addition we can assist throughout the course of the project from inception to completion to ensure the relevant conditions for a claim are met. This includes consideration of:
- Planning permission documentation
- Procurement of materials and builders services
- Ensuring contractor’s charge the correct rates of VAT to prevent timely retrospective adjustments to invoicing
- Apportionment of expenditure between qualifying and non qualifying items
- Compilation of appropriate documentary evidence in a qualifying format to support the claim
Please do not hesitate to contact us for a fee proposal for our services.
We appreciate that construction projects are arranged in a multitude of different ways and that self builds are not always arranged with purely commercial outcomes in mind.